Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Exploring Rome: Last Day in Italy

On our last day, we revisited some spots so that we could go…shopping! I'm just going to touch on the things I haven't mentioned earlier. 


So, about a 10-15 minute walk from the Coliseum is the cathedral of San Giovanni, or Saint John's Cathedral. Behind it is a small outdoor market, and it's one of my favorites because one if the vendors is...a kitchen supply vendor! It specializes in silicon: chocolate and baking molds!! I didn't buy any, and even though I'm disappointed, I'm glad I didn't because packing my suitcase was a struggle.


There was also a lot of jewelry for sale! And I found the minions!! 



MINIONS:


They also had a stand selling ceramics and another stand selling products made out of olive tree wood. I bought a mortar and pestle for 5€.


After that Auntie Ros and I went back to the hotel because I had already been to the other spots mom, Syd and Small Man were going to. 
We found Chinese food for dinner, so if any of you need proof that you can find my people's food in Italy, here it is.


Also, a good restaurant for Italian food is La Pantera Rosa, address 84 Piazzale del Vernao, Roma


All the other places that we ate at gave you very small portions, but here…think Cheesecake Factory sized everything! Also, they are so friendly and nice. They also remember you when you go back!



We came here twice, before we found the Chinese food, and the rice and scampi cream is delicious! I recommend it highly, but I also advise you to share!! Trust me on this.


The first night we came, our waiter (who was super cool, by the way) gave us these little fried disks (pictured above) that are made of pumpkin flour! Inside is cheese and vegetables and they are so so good.

That concludes winter break!! I might write a short post about our London blitz.
Bye for now!
love, marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment