![]() |
| Here's the view! We stayed at the Marriott in Midtown, 18th floor. Apparently at 1 in the morning New Yorkers are as angry as ever, because they honked A LOT and I couldn't fall asleep. |
After we finally left the hotel we headed to the World Trade Center. It's really tall. I know I could be more descriptive but it's really tall.
Really, really tall. And shiny.
The 9/11 memorial was right next to it. We had to stand in line to get tickets (they're free! if you're wondering) so I dragged Small Man with me to the chapel across the street.
I believe it is called Saint Paul's chapel or something like that. It's quaint and has a cemetery in front. Apparently it was a gathering place after 9/11 as a memorial and mourning site. The line wasn't too bad for the memorial (so I recommend you go!) and there are two pools, the north and south pools, with the names of those who died.
It just so happens that I learned that my dad used to take United flight 93 often for work...he just so happened to not be on board that flight 93...trippy? More like sobering. The people who died weren't expecting to that day.
My dad also found the name of his old colleague on the wall of the South Pool...
My mom, Syd and I caught Les Misérables at the Imperial Theater at three. We almost didn't make it. It was a really amazing show (the kids were so cute!!!) but it was really sad. The characters really were miserable. So now when I think my life is bad, I can remember that at least it's not like 18th century France.
![]() |
| This photo proves how horrendous DSLRs are when you are inside with little light. I apologize. |
Afterwards it was a mad dash back to the hotel for suitcases and then a power walk to the subway to get to Hoboken. I was dumb and decided to wear flats even though I had a broken foot and should have worn my cast/ugly boot thing. We almost didn't make it to the rental car place because they closed at eight and we got there at seven thirty...and then we drove through six states in four hours #winning.
So I guess this shows how disorganized the Wu family is. I think we should turn our name in to the "Wu Family" brand and our slogan should be "wing it."
We're in DC (kinda-ish suburbs) and it's like two in the morning I don't know why I'm still awake so goodnight.





No comments:
Post a Comment