After the competition was over Mom and I went to Cambridge to see Harvard. If you ever go there, parking is awful (but we were lucky and found some street parking quickly). Since we were going to have dinner with Mom's cousin that she hasn't seen in about 30 years, we only had about an hour (and the admissions offices closed at 3:30 and by the time we got to Harvard Square it was past 3:30) so we just meandered around the campus and the square.
Cambridge is really different from downtown Boston and Cambridge actually reminds me of San Francisco. But even then it's still different (probably the weather)- usually it is much more humid and warm. Plus it rains SOOOO much!! We got caught in a flash flood yesterday and I haven't seen that much water in years, or maybe ever.
Also, on a geeky side note, I saw the first parish built in Cambridge (in the 1600's!) and also a cemetery where revolutionary war soldiers! (Another side note: the American Revolution wasn't actually a revolution...because the government didn't really change. I would call it something more along the lines of separation. The American Separation. Revolution just sounds cooler I guess.)
Bye for now!!
Love, marissa




No comments:
Post a Comment