Thursday, July 31, 2014

Northeastern University and Boston University

Hello! I'm hunting for more schools to apply to (I'm looking to apply to around five to eight in all) and today Momand I went to Northeastern and Boston Universities. 
Okay, so Norteastern University was a nice surprise. I had never heard of it until Mom emailed me its profile but I ended up really liking it. 
-it's an urban campus smack dab in Boston
-it has a core curriculum (but I like Columbia's Common Core better) and it is a liberal arts school
-it has a really neat program called co-op, where the university places students in actual jobs for six months (one can do this up to three times, a maximum of two times to graduate in four years) and there is a 90% of the students have a job or go on to graduate school after graduation. 
The university's buildings aren't too old (Boston U is older and the architectural style is more federal style/gothic/Romanesque?)
The university kind of morphs into the city but is still pretty dense and not too spread out.
The Collegeboard has more info as well as the university's website.

This is BU:
Okay maybe not all of it. The campus spans a mile in basically a straight line and the picture above is the center of campus. The center is defined by a huge medallion in on the ground. If you visit, be careful!! If you step on the medallion the superstition is that you won't graduate in four years! Eeeeep!! I didn't step on it so I guess only four years of school for me!! (Actually no I lied because I'm planning on,aye a couple masters and at least one doctorate.) But only four years of undergrad which is good enough for me!!
Anyway, BU is a liberal arts college as well, and the class sizes are small. The programs are very flexible and double majors are an option (and you can even pick up a minor but that would be hard). I liked both schools (but the co-op at Northeastern is a really big draw) so I am applying to both, probably. Tomorrow I am going to visit Wellesley College and Boston College with Sofia so that will be fun! 
I'll keep you posted on the trouble I get into!
Love, marissa 



No comments:

Post a Comment